|Primrose Hill Primary School|
|Primrose Hill Road, Euxton, PR7 6BA, UK Chorley|
+44 (0)1257 276688
Primrose Hill prides itself in providing a happy, safe, secure and supportive learning environment where good order and discipline are preserved to enable your child to achieve academic and personal excellence.
Confidence within a school comes from knowing and understanding what is happening within it. This website provides information you may require initially but it is only through personal contact with myself and the staff that mutual trust and understanding can develop, which should be the basis of our shared responsibility.
- treat all children equally, and get to know them well.
- emphasise the positive achievements of children in school and in their outside activities.
- identify and develop the skills and talents of each child.
- encourage self-reliance, self-confidence and self-discipline in our children so that they may become responsible and responsive members of society.
- have high expectations of both behaviour and academic achievement.
- help children to develop moral values, and to develop respect and tolerance of other races, religions and ways of life.
- provide purposeful teaching in structured lessons within a comfortable, relaxed atmosphere.
- invest in staff development to enhance the professional competence of staff to meet their individual and school needs in order to benefit our pupils.
- develop a close partnership with parents and involve and support them in their child's development.
- create an orderly atmosphere with a bright, attractive and welcoming environment for our children.
Classrooms are well furnished, all with adjoining resource areas providing access to extensive ICT facilities including interactive whiteboards within each classroom and additional accommodation for group and creative work. There is an excellent library with a computerised database and thumbprint identification which houses a comprehensive collection of books, videos and audio visual tapes. The large hall is used throughout the day for collective worship, PE, drama and music lessons as well as for dining.
The school is fortunate in having extensive grounds including playing fields, a nature garden, a football pitch and hard surface playground and car parks. An on-going programme of developments is planned to further enhance the outdoor learning environment.
“The purpose of our school is to develop the whole child socially, emotionally, intellectually, physically, spiritually and morally in a safe, caring and supportive learning environment.”
‘Curriculum’ is a word describing all that goes on in school, formal and informal, which children experience.
At Primrose Hill, children follow the subjects of the National Curriculum, with the addition of Religious Education, cross-curricular elements and optional extra-curricular activities. The spirit and ethos of the school, together with the management of the planned curriculum, the organisation of the school and the classroom, all contribute to the whole curriculum.
primary schools in Chorley,
secondary schools in Chorley,
schools in Chorley