|Hunt Lane, Chadderton, OL9 0LS, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)161 633 2120
The Radclyffe School is a ten form entry school for girls and boys aged 11-16, which has been
designated a specialist technology college by the government. We have over 1,350 students and
over 150 staff.
We serve the local community of Chadderton, but attract students from a wider area. Parents of
children in over 40 different primary schools choose to send their children to The Radclyffe School,
including those living in the surrounding communities of Alkrington and New Moston.
The school is housed on two sites. Our
Lower School is on Broadway and our
Upper School is nearby on Hunt Lane.
Although we very much regard ourselves
as one school we also think that being on
two sites gives us some of the benefits
that small schools have; we are able to get
to know our students very well; for their
part the students appreciate the friendlier
small school atmosphere.
- to encourage each individual within our school community to strive for ‘personal excellence’;
- to raise standards through a zero-tolerance of under-achievement;
- to provide the conditions in which it is possible for all students, regardless of gender, race or ability, to work hard and do their best;
- to help students build on their strengths and overcome their weaknesses;
- to encourage each child to discover, and develop to the full, his or her own individual worth;
- to help students develop respect for others so that they can form tolerant and caring relationships and be sympathetic to the needs of other people;
- to present students with a wide range of different experiences that will be useful both in school and in later life;
- to introduce students to the values, ideas and skills that will enable them to to understand the workings of our society and allow them to make the most of their lives;
- to help students decide what they want to do when they leave school, and to help them gain the qualifications they will need;
- to help students to understand the world we live in, and how individuals, communities and nations depend on each other.
- to create a thriving learning culture and environment where innovation is the key feature of our community;
- to focus on different teaching and learning styles and Information Technology to raise standards and aspirations.
The Hunt Lane site is the base for students in Years 10-11. The buildings are modern and set in
extensive playing fields. The students at Hunt Lane will all be following examination courses and we
are keen to ensure that they have the equipment and accommodation necessary to provide them
with the opportunities for academic success. Facilities include the newly designed Technology
Centre, a suite of laboratories, and five computer suites which are used widely by students in all
subjects to help them with their work. A new teaching block, containing four classrooms and a
modern science laboratory has been built. There is also a sports hall and fitness room. A modern
national standard running track and athletics facility has just been completed, and a new sports hall
and indoor running track will further enhance our excellent sporting facilities.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham