|Holt Street, Ince, WN1 3HD, UK Wigan|
+44 (0)1942 510712
Rose Bridge High School is a popular, well-established 11-16 school, which students and staff care deeply about.
Our commitment to excellence, achievement and inclusion for each individual has created a forward looking centre of learning where we believe anything is possible.
Our specialist facilities in each subject area provide students with dedicated resources in a well equipped learning environment.We are constantly seeking ways to improve our performance and we have high expectations of our young people. We encourage them to display positive behaviour and to respect others.
Students play an active role in the life of the school and are given the chance to develop the social skills they need to become responsible citizens.
The school is growing rapidly and I am delighted that increasing numbers of parents are trusting us to provide the first class education their children deserve.
Our staff are firmly committed to its continued success. I hope you will join us to share in the unique educational experience we offer.
Teachers at Rose Bridge High School are committed to doing everything possible to help your child make the progress of which he/she is capable and to achieve his/her potential. The school's aims reflect this desire and in every classroom the simple statement that ' teachers teach and students learn' is pinned up in very large letters to reinforce that this is what the school is all about. Lessons are well planned and the school has clear expectations as to how lessons should be structured and the routines that need to be in place to ensure that students are on task, learning and making progress.
To support the quality of teaching and learning you also need to be aware that:
- regular assessment spread across the school year, allows the use of standardised tests to give a reasonable indication of your child's national curriculum level or estimated GCSE grade at that particular time.
- progress review cards will be brought home at the times indicated on the calendar; these will be used in school to set targets for improvement.
- there is at least one scheduled parents' consultation evening for each year group but parent consultation days are designed to maximise our links with parents to focus on the progress being made by every student.
- your child's exercise book/file should be marked at least once every fortnight according to a clear marking policy, a simplified version of which should be in every student's exercise book/file.
- homework should be set according to the homework timetable and be clearly recorded in their school diary.
As a centre of learning, the school dedicates itself to ensuring that:
- every student achieves the highest possible standard relating to both work and personal qualities.
- every student is guaranteed a variety of learning experiences that are relevant, motivating and challenging.
- very student experiences learning in an environment which is secure, supportive and stimulating.
- every student receives the necessary support and guidance to ensure both educational progress and personal and social development in preparation for life after school.
- there is active involvement of members of the local community as partners in the education process.
primary schools in Wigan,
secondary schools in Wigan,
schools in Wigan