|Rushcroft County Primary School|
|Trent Road, Shaw, OL2 7YL, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)1706 846804
Rushcroft is a happy and successful school. We are extremely
proud of our school and everything that we do.
The school is pleasantly situated in its own grounds on the edge of green belt land. It was built in
1970 and is based on a traditional design. It has seven separate classrooms and a central hall which
is used for acts of collective worship, P.E., Music and as a dining hall. There is also a Before and
After School club which has been recently built. Infants and Juniors have their own playgrounds.
There are also large sports fields adjoining the school.
- to ensure the curriculum and environment equip each child for
life in the 21st Century, preparing them for a changing world
- to develop a child centred curriculum which is rich, broad,
balanced, inclusive and challenging
- to develop children as independent life long learners
- to provide a motivating, safe, well-resourced learning
- to promote an atmosphere of belonging within the school
community to ensure that all feel welcomed and valued
- to create a shared school identity in which to promote
the spiritual, moral, social, physical, mental and cultural
development of each individual.
At Rushcroft we aim to provide a curriculum that is broad, balanced and differentiated to allow all
children to develop to their full potential.
All our pupils follow the National Curriculum across the two Key Stages.
The curriculum for the Foundation Stage in reception is the basis for all future learning by supporting,
fostering, promoting and developing childrens’ personal social and emotional well being
• attention skills • language and communication • reading and writing • mathematics
• knowledge and understanding of the world • physical development • creative development
Staff devote voluntary time during the lunch hour and after school to provide children with the
opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports, and other activities.
- ...and many more!!!
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham