|Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School|
|Swan Lane, Hindley Green, WN2 4HD, UK Wigan|
+44 (0)1942 767768
Sacred Heart is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School for 4 - 11 year olds. The new school of the Sacred Heart opened in August 1996 and was formed by the amalgamation of St. Margaret Mary School, Crossdale Road; and Sacred Heart School, Swan Lane. This marked yet another historic development in education in Sacred Heart Parish, Hindley Green.
- We aim to educate the children at our school to become responsible members of their community, developing their individual potential according to their needs, abilities and aptitudes.
- We aim to meet the needs of parents who wish their children to have a religious education according to the doctrines of the Catholic Church.
- We aim to develop our pupils’ personal, moral and spiritual lives, giving them a sense of values and social skills, showing care and concern for others.
- We aim to develop their self esteem through achievement, pride in their work and appearance, and through the values of honesty and discipline.
- To achieve these aims our objective is to offer all connected with school a shared experience, relying upon the co-operation and example of all concerned.
- Ofsted, February 2003 reported: “The school provides a strong Christian ethos in which pupils grow to moral and social responsibility.”
Sacred Heart School offers a broad balanced curriculum within the framework of the National Curriculum.
We aim to develop children’s concepts, skills, knowledge and attitudes so as to prepare them for High School and for the diversity of a changing world.
This is achieved through planned, structured programmes of work using published schemes and teacher resourced materials. Certain subjects are “blocked” i.e. History, Geography, in order to deliver the National Curriculum.
There are a number of activities such as football, athletics and cross country practices.
During break times there are also team practices. Each year a party of Upper Juniors visit an L.E.A. Outdoor Education Centre in the Lake District.
Brownies and Guides are held on a Wednesday evening.
primary schools in Wigan,
secondary schools in Wigan,
schools in Wigan