|Sacred Heart R C Primary School|
|Kingsway, OL16 4AW, UK Rochdale|
+44 (0)1706 649981
Sacred Heart tries hard to involve parents in their child's education through:
- Curriculum evenings - to explain and show aspects of work to parents.
- Individual reports of pupil's progress, via parents' evenings.
- Individual meetings with parents where appropriate.
- Any parent who is worried about their child is encouraged to contact the
school to arrange to see the Headteacher and/or any member of staff.
- "Drop In" sessions which are held on a regular basis.
- An annual written report.
- A "Home-school Agreement" has been introduced.
The nursery sessions are: 9.00 a.m. to 11.30a.m. and 1.00p.m. to 3.30p.m. The children in Nursery are encouraged to wear a Sacred Heart Nursery sweatshirt which can be purchased from Topform, Drake Street, Rochdale.
There are eight classes within the main school, plus a 30 place nursery class. There are four classes at key stage one and five classes at key stage two. These classes reflect the full range of abilities in the 4-11 age range. Some of the classes will have two age groups. In school there are classroom assistants, and the work of the teachers is further assisted by parent helpers.
The curriculum encompasses all the opportnities for learning within the school. The Governors have noted the requirements of the National Curriuculum and believe that it should be broadly based and related to the Gospels with each child being valued for his/her own self and encouraged to grow in God's love.
The school encourages pupil participation in many extra-curricular activties. Some of which are highlighted below.
- Choir - The school choir has a very good reputation and enjoys taking part in school and church celebrations.
- Library - The library is open every day in school and the children are encouraged to take their books home.
- Book club - Every two months a list of books is sent home, from which your child may select a book to buy.
- Computer club - There are two computer clubs which take place each week. One for the children of years 2, 3, and 4, which takes place during the dinner hour. The second one for years 5 and 6, which takes place after school.
- Football - A team competes in the Rochdale Junior School league and cup competitions, friendly matches are arranged for the second team.
- Netball and Cricket- Training takes place on a regular basis and friendly and competitive matches are arranged.
primary schools in Rochdale,
secondary schools in Rochdale,
schools in Rochdale