|Sacred Heart R C Primary School|
|Whetstone Hill Road, Derker, OL1 4NA, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)161 911 3173
Our role is to provide for the children a happy, caring & secure place for their primary
school years. From this basis we strive to challenge each child to fulfil his/her highest
potential, not only educationally, but morally & socially as well. We place great emphasis
on respect & consideration for other people & their property.
Through all this is the constant acceptance & knowledge that Jesus Christ loves us & we
must try to act like him. The children’s growth in Faith, therefore, is evident in all parts
of school life. We will support the celebration of Mass & a variety of non-Eucharist
- To conduct all parts of school life in the recognition of the love of God our Father,
and through a dedication to the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
- To expect the highest quality of personal relationships in partnerships with parents,
positively promoting respect, tolerance and a consideration of the feelings of others.
- To create an effective, shared and valued system of whole school development, which
addresses the needs of children and staff alike.
- To provide a rich, broad and balanced curriculum, appropriate to the needs of each
child, which fulfils the legal requirements of the Education Reform Act.
- To meet the needs of each child through a well-organised and structured planning
process within a secure, happy and attractive learning environment.
- To encourage the children to make creative and imaginative responses and to promote
- To empower the children to become conscious decision-makers, aware of their own
talents, abilities and the contribution they can make subsequently to the quality of
their own lives and the benefit of the community.
- To provide a high quality of resources to support stimulating learning opportunities,
rich in first hand experience.
- To provide for, and prepare the children to use, a broad range of leisure and extra
We want children to be hardworking and happy at our school while they are learning, to
enable them to develop their talents and use their skills with increasing understanding,
confidence and pleasure. Above all we want them to become confident, enthusiastic
To deliver the curriculum each class teacher uses a variety of methods, including whole
class teaching, group and individual work to achieve the planned objectives. Clear success
criteria is identified for each lesson and is shared with the children so that they are
fully aware of the purpose of their activities and the expectations of what they are to
achieve. Children are grouped in a number of ways, by ability, interest groups or
Sacred Heart is proud of the range of activities children have the opportunity to pursue
in school and after school. These include swimming, football, rugby, netball, dance, crafts
and an ICT club.
From September 2007 we hope to expand the range of activities offered to the children.
Our aim is to provide as much as possible for the children from a broad curriculum base
and to offer what we can to enrich their lives.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham