|Saddleworth Preparatory School|
|Huddersfield Road, Scouthead, OL4 4AG, UK Oldham|
+44 (0)1457 877442
Saddleworth Independent Preparatory school was originally opened in 1988 and educated children from 4 to 7, however, due to demand from parents, staff and children the school now caters for children from 4 to 11.
We are a small, happy independent school with high academic achievements, and a belief that all children need to be given the opportunity to excel in whichever field they are talented, be it academic, sporting, musical or artistic.
The staff at Saddleworth independent preparatory school are committed to the care of the pupils. The small number of pupils in each class ensures all children are valued as individuals.
- We care for every child and their development, helping them to discover their talents and to reach their potential.
- We value every child as a unique individual, with great potential. We look closely at each child’s starting place and building on that.
- We receive children into school with different experiences, capabilities, maturity levels, age and interests. They develop different skills at different times.
- Equal emphasis is placed on all children becoming literate, numerate and articulate. We firmly believe that learning should be stimulating and enjoyable.
- We provide an environment which lays the foundations for reaching the potential, which is within each child.
- We encourage children to know themselves, so they are accepted and included for who they are.
- We believe children to be active learners and therefore the topics we present to them reflect their interest in the world around them, and include imaginative play.
- We consider school/home links to be of vital importance to a child's development and we look for ways to strengthen them.
- The school has a Christian ethos, but we respect, value and include different beliefs and cultures.
We are registered by the DofE, so consider the National Curriculum to be an important reference for continuity and progression.
We are a child centred school therefore teach a child-centered curriculum. We concentrate on a hands on and creative approach where children are aware that they are the creators of their learning. This encourages children, who already have their own sense of intrigue, to become independent learners. Once a child begins to want to explore and investigate, the flame of the fire is just igniting.
We also incorporate and use a sensory approach to learning. Children learn to use their eyes, nose, ears, sense of touch and taste to guide, discover and experience learning. Using their senses helps children to be creative and in turn, their learning is creative. They have first hand experiences of who they are, what they like-dislike, how they feel and most importantly how they learn.
Our teachers and staff are encouraged to be learners too and they share a sense of vision that is very strong. They let the children guide them by listening to their interests
Busy Bees is our before and after-school club and caters for busy parents. The club is open from 8am and is available for after school care until 6.30pm. Busy bees holiday club is available during most school holidays. From September 2007, Busy Bees hours will be extended to cater for all needs.
primary schools in Oldham,
secondary schools in Oldham,
schools in Oldham