About the University
Campus and Accommodation
Applying to Study
News and Events
To be a powerful force for learning, creativity and enterprise, promoting economic, social and cultural wellbeing.
We will be recognised regionally, nationally and internationally as a university which fosters intellectual, critical and creative endeavour and, through continuous innovation:
- Provides an educational experience of the highest quality with a strong commitment to employability and to flexible and practice-based learning;
- Is an exemplar for engagement with business, the professions and the community;
- Promotes centres of excellence in research and investigative practice;
- Is a force for equality and inclusion.
We will attain this reputation through:
- The value we place on our staff and the expectations we place on them for the highest standards of professionalism and performance;
- Active partnership with the Students’ Union to ensure that together we meet students’ educational and wider social, cultural, sporting, welfare and personal development needs;
- Innovative use of technology to promote effective student learning and efficient business delivery;
- Continuous development of our portfolio of activities to meet changing needs;
- The development of the estate to achieve a first-class environment;
- A marketing and communications strategy which enables us to engage effectively with staff, partners and the wider community, and to promote the University’s capabilities;
- The promotion of sustainability in our policies and activities.