About the University
Why Choose City?
How to Apply?
Schools and Departments
Business and Community
Fees and Finance
News and Events
Why choose The City University?
Located in the heart of London, City's approach to education draws on more than 100 years of tradition.
- Tradition and quality: Our roots stretch back more than 100 years. The University began in 1894 and gained its Royal Charter and took the name The City University in 1966.
- Ideal location: We are located in one of the world's most exciting cities, close to both the West End and the financial centre of the UK.
- Excellent prospects: We have an excellent reputation for graduate employment and a degree from City will prepare you for your future career.
- Top-rated research: Students benefit from teaching that is informed by the latest research findings - we have been involved in pioneering research for more than 100 years.
- Professional: As the University for business and the professions, more than two-thirds of our courses are recognised by the appropriate professional body. Our schools and departments have close links with the businesses and organisations that they serve.
- International: Our students come from over 150 countries. In Europe, we have links with more than 40 universities and many of our students spend a year of their degree studying abroad. As well as exchange links with universities in North America and the Far East, we run a thriving study abroad programme.