Coventry University is a forward-looking, modern University with a proud tradition as a provider of high quality education and a focus for multidisciplinary research. We are an established academic presence regionally, nationally and internationally, and take great care in providing a supportive environment for all our students.
Under the terms of the Further and Higher Education Act of 1992, we changed our name from Coventry Polytechnic to Coventry University, but our roots can be traced as far back as 1843 to the Coventry College of Design. Much has changed since then, and we have made great strides in our development as an institution - particularly over the last ten years.
Additional information on the University can be found on our corporate site.
You get the best of both worlds in Coventry. In the Cathedral Quarter, modern architecture and ancient ruins of the two Cathedrals dominate cobbled streets of buzzing bars and restaurants. In the modern City-centre, history is still evident in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street.