The school was established in 1806 by Mary, Countess Harcourt of St. Leonard's Estate, in two converted cottages at Clewer Green. The School was a Charity School, set up to teach the children of the poor of the Parish.
Over the years, the cottages have been modified and extended to keep pace with increasing numbers and changes in educational provision.
In 1995, a classroom was converted into a main entrance and a new classroom and resource area was constructed. In 1997 a temporary classroom was demolished and replaced by a new classroom attached to the main building.
In 2001, a section of the loft area over the older part of the building was opened up and an ICT room created, which has been furnished with computers to enable whole class teaching of ICT.
The main teaching area is made up of six classrooms. There is a Hall, which is used for PE, Drama, Music and School Assemblies, concerts and plays. Adjacent to the hall is the school kitchen where hot meals are cooked every day. There is a central reading and library area.