|Curzon C E Combined School|
|Penn Street, HP7 0QL, UK Amersham|
+44 (0)1494 712251
|Welcome to the Curzon C of E Combined School Website |
Welcome to our website. We'll be adding more content from time to time so check back regularly.
|The Governors' Annual Report to Parents for the academic year 2003/2004 has recently been published to parents and is also available from the document library. (Use the Documents button on the left.)|
|The summary report from the OfSTED inspection in December 2002 is available from the school office for a small charge of 50p to cover photocopying costs. The report is now also available on the OfSTED website.|
|If you have a child at Curzon then the 'Diary' button will take you to information on up and coming important dates. Also check out the 'Inside Curzon' area where we will be placing articles giving you background information on activities and initiatives in the school. For those who can't get into the school regularly we'll also use this area to give you a glimpse, Inside Curzon. Also, take a look at the PTA Pages.|
Finally, you will find the school's Welcome Pack and a selection of the school's policies under the Documents button (on the left).
|If you are looking for a school with a happy, caring family atmosphere, then the 'About Us' button will give you some more information about our school. Or alternatively contact us - you will find a friendly welcome: |
|Curzon C of E Combined School|
|Curzon Church of England Combined School is a co educational school, which has been serving the village of Penn Steet and the surrounding area since 1874. Over the years the school has grown and we now have over 135 pupils. The school maintains close links with the church and local community and enjoys a delightful woodland setting. Although we enjoy the benefits of being situated in a rural area, we are centrally sited between Amersham, Beaconsfield and High Wycombe.|
Curzon has a happy, caring family atmosphere in which each child is valued. A well ordered environment is maintained where learning can flourish. All children are expected to develop good study habits and achieve their highest possible standard in all areas of learning and behaviour. We aim to introduce children to areas of learning beyond the curriculum in order to encourage well rounded and independent children.
Click here for a map of Penn Street. (Please note that this service is provided free of charge by a third party and Curzon school is not responsible for the content of external internet sites referenced.)
To provide an education (within the school community) which is enhanced by Christianity which will show itself in the ethos of school life, in the welfare of all its members, and in its approach to each individual's overall development to prepare pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of life.
|At Curzon C of E Combined School, we want to maintain the ethos whereby all those involved children, parents, teachers, and governors are continually able to learn and develop. We want to build trust in each other so that we all feel secure enough to take risks, make mistakes and cope with challenge. |
|To achieve this we aim to:|
- Enable children to listen, read widely and to use spoken and written language and numbers effectively.
- Provide the children with equal access to a broad, balanced curriculum which will enable them to develop the knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes appropriate to their age and ability as well as being relevant to their lives in a rapidly changing world.
- Provide a happy, caring and supportive atmosphere that is sensitive to the needs of all and where teachers and children recognize the value of both effort and achievement.
- Help children develop respect for and acceptance of religions and values of other cultures and groups irrespective of gender, religion, disability, race or cultural background.
- Help children care for the world in which they live and understand the inter-dependence of the environment, wildlife, individuals, groups and nations.
- Promote a love of learning so that children can achieve personal fulfillment at every stage of their development.
- Help children appreciate their heritage, human achievements and aspirations, both past and present.
- Encourage children to think for themselves, take initiative and develop self-confidence.
- Foster sense of responsibility by offering choices and encouraging decision making skills appropriate to the child?s stage of development.
- Help children achievement a substantial amount of independence, self-discipline and self-esteem in preparation for the next phase of their life.
- Help children to develop socially, enabling them to contribute both as an individual and as a team member and thereby to develop an appreciation of the value of participation and the efforts of others.
- Help children to enjoy and apply themselves to a variety of tasks and physical skills and develop an appreciation of non-materialistic pursuits.
- Provide opportunities where children can experience calm reflection, silence and tranquility.
- Help children realize that they can make the world a better place.
primary schools in Amersham,
secondary schools in Amersham,
schools in Amersham