Our Vision Statement
In an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, we:
• Value the individual
• Celebrate achievement
• Offer education for life
• Nurture Links between home, school and the wider community
"education must nourish the diverse talents of our children. It must widen their horizons; develop their appetite for learning; enable them to live life to the full. It must foster intellectual, physical, cultural, moral and spiritual development and help children develop the values that will guide them through the difficult decisions they will have, inevitably, to make in adult life."
[Dearing report 1993]
What Are The Aims Of The School?
We aim to provide:
• A stimulating learning environment within which children can reach their highest possible level of achievement.
• To develop a high standard in the skills of numeracy and literacy and the ability to use such skills to communicate with others.
• To encourage awareness of the scientific, social, historical and geographical aspects of the local environment and wider world.
• To share the experience of creative expression in the fine arts, the performing arts, literature and physical education.
• To learn sensitivity to each other’s needs, to be understanding, friendly, courteous and tolerant to others and the world outside of school.
• To encourage a working partnership between home and school for the greater benefit of the children’s education.
• To understand the needs and expectations of the community we serve and to meet those needs for the benefit of all.
• To work as partners in developing the above as equals, supportive of each member of our team, sympathetic to the needs and aspirations of every member.
• We need positive thinking.
• We need to praise each other.
• We need a stimulating environment.
• We need work of the highest quality.
• We need to support each other
We need to remember:
There's no such thing as an 'average person'.
“they only come this way once so we should litter their pathways with quality experiences”
We ask children to remember the ABC:
Always do your best. If you try hard you will do well. Ask if you are unsure about anything. When work is hard ask and a teacher will help you.
Be friendly and behave well. Listen in class, walk around school, be courteous and polite at all times.
Care for others. Treating people the way you would like to be treated. People will only be your friend if you are friendly.