|Sir William Borlase`s Grammar School|
|West Street, SL7 2BR, UK Marlow|
+44 (0)1628 816500
The school is built around a cloister incorporating the original 17c building to which a large number of new, specialist facilities have been added. The school has its own chapel, which is built in brick and flint, as are the oldest buildings. Recent major building programmes of the highest architectural quality have added facilities to this already listed building. Recent additions have included specialist accommodation for Modern Foreign Languages and English, Science laboratories, a drama studio, a new canteen and sixth form accommodation and specialist IT rooms.
|The School aims to be:
- A happy, caring community of young people and adults striving to achieve excellence in all fields.
- A community which fosters the love of learning and is committed to the extension of knowledge, skill and human potential.
- A community which develops the self-respect and confidence of its pupils and helps them to take pride in their achievements and those of others.
- A community which prepares young people for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life, helping them develop their own spiritual and moral values.
The House System
There are six houses in the school.
The original houses were Normans, Britons, Danes, Saxons; as the school grew in numbers two new houses were added, Vikings and Romans.
Every member of staff and student is allocated to a house when they enter the school. There are two members of staff as Heads of House, but the activities are mainly organised by two Year 13 senior prefects and their team of prefects.
There is a house assembly each week and throughout the school year there are a variety of competitons. These include sports day, football, netball, drama, music, cross country and the end of year tug of war.
primary schools in Marlow,
secondary schools in Marlow,
schools in Marlow