Welcome to St. Paul's
St. Paul's Church of England Combined School will provide its pupils with the environment, opportunities and skills necessary to prepare them to be citizens of the 21st Century Growing in strength, wisdom and faith.
St. Paul`s - A centre of excellence
As a school we set and expect high standards of pupils and staff alike. We celebrate success and recognise that a school is much more than a place for formal learning; it is a community of learners.
We are acknowledged as a school that achieves consistently good results in external examinations but we also feel that we offer a special environment where everyone is valued for what they can do.
We have excellent facilities including an eighteen computer network with internet access for all pupils, an environmental area, a butterfly garden, a purpose built area for food technology, a large and well stocked library, a swimming pool and good provision for music and a wide range of sports.
Our classrooms are light and airy with access to outside learning areas and are arranged to allow for whole class and group teaching.
"The Children of St Paul’s Church of England Combined School have a very positive start to their education” - Ofsted June 2003
History of St. Paul's
The original St. Paul's School was completed in 1852. The Rev'd F.B. Ashley was the driving force behind the project seeking to provide a Christian education for the children of the community. There were 320 children on roll, though it was probably fortunate that they didn't all attend regularly. The new school building was built in two phases and was officially opened in October 1974 by the Duchess of Kent, continuing the tradition of providing a high quality of education in a caring Christian environment.