||Steeple Claydon is a village school that values standards and achievement. We are extremely proud of all that goes on here. |
As our website demonstrates, the children at Steeple Claydon School are supported in their learning by dedicated staff, governors and parents.
On our website, you will find details of school events, visitors and activities which enliven the curriculum, alongside information about our after-school clubs and extra-curricular activities.
||We hope you enjoy looking at our website - we think it is GREAT!!|
Don't forget to visit our Calendar section and make sure you have your diary handy. I look forward to seeing you in school!
Mrs Sue Chadbund
||About Our School:|
Number of children on roll: 160
4 Support Staff
4 Midday Supervisors
Secretary, Admin Assistant, Caretaker and 2 Cleaners
Governors: supportive governors who meet regularly, visit the school, and have the best interests of the pupils as the focus of all their work.
||Ofsted Report, March 2005|
- The school provides a satisfactory education for its pupils.
- Pupils have good attitudes, behaviour, and relationships with staff and each other.
- Pupils receive a good start in Reception.
- Care of pupils' personal well being is a strength of the school.
- There is a good range of activities additional to lessons, including extra-curricular clubs and visits.
||Since September 2005:|
- New staff appointments
- Higher teacher expectations
- Healthy School developments
- Increased independent learning strategies and target setting for pupils
- Parent courses and information evenings
- Increased sporting opportunities
- Wider variety of after-school clubs
||The school has a very good ICT suite where each class can learn computer skills. The school is connected to broadband and the computers in each classroom are also connected to the suite. Pupils have controlled access to the internet and staff have laptops for use in the classroom. |