Dear Parents and Visitors,
This September we will begin another important academic year and at its end we will be celebrating 30 years of Co-Education at Swanbourne House.
This term, everyone is welcome to the Junior School Plays on Friday 30th November.
We hope the Summer break has been a good one and look forward to a hard-working term with winter sports for boys and girls and the joys of Advent approaching. This brings the events of our Country House Christmas, which are so unique to Swanbourne House.
In the Autumn Term we will be getting our pupils off to a flying start. Please note that due to the busy end of term, we have moved the Christingle date to the beginning of the Spring Term.
Julie and Stephen Goodhart
See our Honours Board for the latest news about Swanbourne achievements
If you are a first time visitor you might like to read our guide to using the Swanbourne web site.
Or see the school's location
Or read our on-line newsletter to find out what's been going on at school.
Or perhaps you would like to order a copy of our prospectus?
email Swanbourne House
- Your children will be in the care of committed professionals who will run the extra mile.
- We do not channel your child into narrow academic pockets.
- We encourage ideas and a passion for knowledge - there is a joy in the Swanbourne education and the opportunity for creativity and thinking skills.
- How your child develops as a person is as important to us as their academic prowess.
- We offer a broad academic education, including Latin, unless a child needs extra help with their written English.
- We teach study skills and use proven accelerated learning techniques in some subjects.
- Participation is as important to us as competition: every child becomes part of something larger than themselves; every child sings for their house choir; every child performs on stage and every child is coached in sport .
- Strengths and talents are recognised and we run competitive teams.
- In Swanbourne there is a strong sense of the family community.
- When you walk into the school your sixth sense tells you that the ethos in this school makes the difference. The children are happy, you hear laughter, and you wish you were coming here yourself.
- We offer flexible boarding.
- We acknowledge the spiritual and moral side of a child's personality. Christian teaching and values underpin our community. We often have visiting speakers and we have at least three special services each term.
- Class sizes are no bigger than fifteen in the Pre-Prep and no bigger than eighteen in the Main School.
- We take just as much notice of tears as of laughter.
To receive a prospectus or visit the school please contact the school office: