Opposite, you will see the Statement of Commitment of East Ayrshire Council’s Education Department and extracts from Standards in Scotland Schools Act 2000. Our aims in Cumnock Academy, reflecting the Statement of Commitment are:
· to promote effective learning and teaching in a safe, caring, well ordered and well-resourced
· to provide education suited to the needs of all pupils, fostering those with special talents and
supporting those with specific difficulties.
· to enable all pupils to achieve their full potential and to prepare for adult life.
· to have a high but realistic expectation of pupil achievement.
· to ensure effective delivery of education through a structured programme of staff development.
· to foster in all pupils a sense of social justice, fairness, responsibility and equality of opportunity.
· to develop good relationships with parents, the community and industry for the benefit of pupils educationally, vocationally and socially.
· to encourage all members of the community to make use of the educational provision and facilities of the school.
· to operate under an open style of management.
It is our hope that all pupils will make a success of their time in Cumnock Academy, that they will work hard and make full use of the educational opportunities (both formal and informal) that the school provides and that they will find their years here happy and enjoyable.
Equally we look forward to working in cooperation with parents, recognising that they play an important part in helping to encourage their children in their approach to school work and in supporting us in setting standards of behaviour, appearance and attendance.
We are happy to provide you with this handbook and hope that you will find the information it contains both interesting and useful.
Should you wish further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.