Williamwood is a caring community in which the staff, the parents and the pupils are
mindful of their responsibilities towards one another.
We work in partnership with our parents and contact them regularly about the progress
of their children.
We accept that all children have different needs and aim to give every pupil an
education in keeping with his or her age, ability and aptitude.
We support our pupils by:· taking into account what they have learned at earlier stages;
· having clear, attainable, but challenging targets for them to achieve;
· giving them useful feedback on their progress
· training them in effective study techniques;
· ensuring that they behave responsibly
· giving them help and support they need especially if they are encountering personal
problems or difficulties which may affect their learning;
· making their accommodation safe, secure and suited to their learning;
· encouraging them to take care of their school environmentThrough their learning our pupils will become increasingly able to:
· Use their talents to the full;
· Work co-operatively with other people;
· Gain access to both knowledge and skills and use them in coherent, logical and
· Appreciate and participate in the creative arts;
· Acquire and develop physical skills, both practical and recreational;
· Develop an understanding of religious and social issues;
· Appreciate the implications of new technologies;
· Become aware of the opportunities and responsibilities of being active citizens;
In achieving our aims we prepare our pupils to take responsibility for their own
learning, so that they will leave us well equipped with skills that will enable them to on
learning for the rest of their lives.