WELCOME TO CLAVERHAM NURSERY
At Claverham day Nursery, every child is respected as an individual and his/her needs are met accordingly. Each child will be given time to develop at their own pace with support from their keyworker. They will enjoy the benefit of working in small groups and with individual attention from staff who are dedicated to providing the best opportunities for them. The children's developmental needs are taken into account when planning the nursery curriculum. The provision and learning outcomes are reviewed every five weeks.
We value the role of parents/guardians in the nursery and feel it is important that there is a good rapport between you and the staff in order that we may give your child the best care. We know how important it is for you to have feedback from the nursery and there will always be a member of staff on hand to talk about your child's day. We hope that our warm, friendly atmosphere will help you and your child feel welcome and a part of the nursery as a whole. This is also promoted by our open door policy.
We have built up strong links with the wider community and actively encourage the children to explore their environment. We invite outside professionals to talk with the children, e.g. police, nurses, road safety. We also take the children out and about on nature walks, trips to the library and visits to the local primary school. We endeavor to give the children a wide range of experiences in order to promote a well balanced curriculum.
At Claverham day nursery we aim to provide a consistently high standard of care and education for all children aged 0-5 years old. In order to achieve this:
- We only employ staff who are qualified, experienced and have a genuine love of children. We offer all staff the opportunity to update their training and specific skills while they are at the nursery.
- We believe in a high level of child/adult interaction which is reflected in our high staff to child ratios.
- We endeavor to maintain a friendly, welcoming atmosphere where children, parents and staff are relaxed and happy. A warm and inviting atmosphere is conductive to an environment where high levels of care and learning can take place.
- We create a stimulating and rounded curriculum which is appropriate for all ages and stages of development.
- We provide equipment and activities which are stimulating, safe, challenging and fun for everyone.
- We value the contribution that parents make to the nursery and understand the importance of regular feedback from us to you. We want you to be able to leave your child, feeling secure in the knowledge that he/she is receiving the highest standards of care.
- We utilise all available community and statutory resources for the benefit of the children.
Above all it is our aim that each child will fulfill his/her potential at nursery and will be equipped physically, emotionally, intellectually and socially to move on to the reception class at school.
Children see no distinction between work and play - children learn through play! But, this play needs to be purposeful and well planned. At Claverham day nursery, we feel it is crucial that we employ knowledge and observant staff who are able to extend play and adapt it to deliver the early years curriculum. The activities are learning opportunities are reviewed every five weeks in all of the rooms.
The curriculum in this room is all about providing stimulating milestones. The staff carefully gauge your child's physical and emotional development so that all of the activities are appropriate and stimulating.
The curriculum has to take the children's emotional, social, physical language, intellectual and creative development into account. The equipment is safe, stimulating, challenging and id designed to encourage your child's natural sence of curiosity. The staff actively encourage your child's language development helping him/her to express his/her needs and feelings. The children are given time, love and security to develop their individual personalities.
The curriculum for this room, we are concentrating on the six main areas of learning. These are: Personal and social, Physical, Language and Literacy, Creative, Knowledge and understanding of the world and mathematics. Our activities are very much child-centred. We give the the children time to investigate the environment, use imagination and creative flair, ask questions and practise new skills in a supportive environment.
Special Educational Needs
Claverham day nursery welcomes children with special educational needs and recognises that their development is more likely to be enhanced in a nursery setting with all children. In order for the children to gain maximum benefit from their nursery sessions we will work on the advice of parents, pre-school advisors, health professionals and any other voluntary organisations so that special arrangements can be made if necessary. The staff will have access to training for special needs education. All children with special needs will have access to one-to-one support if necessary.
Our Values and Principles
- We value all children equally.
- The aim of education for all children including those with difficulties and disabilities.
- Every child is entitled to have his or her particular needs recognised and addressed.
- All children must have the opportunity to experience success and to have that success recognised.
- All children are entitled to be given the maximum possible access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Consideration of special needs crosses all curriculum areas and all aspects of teaching and learning.