|Fishersgate Community First School|
|Gardner Road, Portslade, BN41 1PN, UK Brighton|
+44 (0)1273 418182
David Munnery - Chairman of Governors
The School Governors, Headteacher and Staff are committed to achieving the best standards we can at Fishersgate. This is being achieved. The school has a very strong sense of purpose and a very strong sense of direction. The Staff, with the guidance of the Headteacher, have worked very hard, and continue to work very hard, to bring many significant improvements about. The school had a very successful OFSTED report in September 1999. We were delighted to be awarded a school achievement Award in June 2002.
"The school is well led by the Headteacher, senior teachers and governors." OFSTED 1999
It is the role of the Governors of Fishersgate First School to ensure the school provides a curriculum which promotes high individual achievement, a curriculum that is:
Balanced and Broadly Based;
Provides equal access and opportunity;
Ensures differentiation, progression and continuity;
Relevant to all pupils;
Ensures pupils know how to learn;
Based on a knowledge of each child;
- Meets emerging statutory requirements, including the National Curriculum, religious education, collective worship and sex education.
For information on Fishersgate's commitment to Pupils reading and writing skills.
Teaching basic numeracy skills.
(Information and Communication Technology)
Computer literacy and use.
|Other Subjects Including further information on Religious Education, Art, Science, Music and others.|
It is a known fact that the level of parents interest and support for the child's life at school directly affects the child's motivation and progress. At Fishersgate we encourage parental involvement in every way possible.
- Parents are encouraged to come into school and to join in activities with their child, such as hearing them read.
- Parental help through taking an interest with the child's reading and spelling practice at home contributes greatly to each child's acheivement. Pupils have a reading log and weekly spellings to learn.
- Educational outings and activities such as swimming give parents the opportunity to interact with the pupils will at school and help run the events more effectively and safely.
- Each term we hold open evenings when we invite parents to look around the school, to see their children's work and to discuss their progress with a teacher.
- It is also possible for parents to become elected as school governors and have a more dynamic role in the running of their child's school.
For further information, please click here to go the contacts page where details on how to reach us can be found.
|Our purpose built nursery was built 2 years ago and offers a comprehensive foundation stage education to children from 3 years until they join the reception classes.
The nursery is taught by the nursery teacher, a nursery nurse and a teaching assistant.
The children have their own outdoor area.
Fishersgate's nursery is the most up-to-date facility of its kind in West Sussex
primary schools in Brighton,
secondary schools in Brighton,
schools in Brighton