Our vision is to create an environment in which every child and adult develops their potential. Our school will be a place where enjoyment and achievement go hand in hand. We will create a calm, safe and encouraging setting in which young children can flourish, confident that they are valued. Everyone will be respectful and considerate, valuing the differences of ability, race, religion and gender. Children and adults will be encouraged to make a positive contribution to the school and the wider community, taking responsibility for their own actions. We will provide a holistic education with learning opportunities to develop the moral, social, spiritual, creative and intellectual aspects of every individual. Our curriculum will promote a healthy lifestyle using resources both within the school and its grounds to maximise opportunities for everyone. Through our use of ICT across the curriculum and throughout the school we will promote a computer literate and technological community. Working in co-operation with parents we will provide the best possible start to school life for all our children, enabling them to become healthy, confident, caring and successful members of society in the future.
Working in partnership with parents we strive to fulfill our vision through the following aims:
• To create a happy, stimulating, well-organized learning environment, for all members of our school community.
• To promote self-discipline and consideration for the well being of others.
• To develop a sense of pride in caring for our surroundings.
• To ensure that every child learns to read and write with competency and enjoyment, to achieve Level 2 or above in Key Stage 1 English S.A.Ts. before the end of Year Two.
• To provide all pupils with the basic mathematical concepts, so that they have the ability to find solutions to problems and gain enjoyment from doing so. Every child should achieve Level 2 or above in Key Stage1 Maths S.A.Ts. by the end of Year Two.
• To encourage the ability to communicate effectively with others, in spoken English and develop good listening habits.
• To promote the growth of moral and spiritual awareness and an empathy with people whose beliefs differ from our own.
• To develop scientific understanding and fostering curiosity.
• To provide experiences in ICT, which will equip every child and member of staff with the necessary skills that are required in the ever-changing world of technology.
• To encourage aesthetic appreciation and stimulate imaginative creativity in art, music, dance and drama.
• To establish an understanding of the need for and enjoyment of physical exercise.
• To awaken an awareness of the world around us in historical and geographical terms.