The Governors and staff of the school are agreed that the main aim of the school should be to help each pupil to realise his or her potential, mindful of the fact that all our children have complex special needs.
Our aims are to:
· Promote the pupils’ self-esteem, self-reliance and personal responsibility to prepare them for a fulfilling adult life.
· Develop their independence so that they have access to further education and employment.
· Promote the school in the local community and develop links with other schools.
· Foster regular contact with parents and carers.
· Ensure equality of opportunity and multi-cultural understanding.
· Identify those pupils who may possibly move back into mainstream school and monitor and support such a transfer.
Saxon Mount is a caring environment where positive relationships are encouraged and pupil achievement is always celebrated.