Staplecross Wesleyan School was originally opened in 1845, on a site adjacent to the present building. A new Wesleyan Voluntary School was built and opened on the present site in 1901. In 1962 the premises were altered and modernised and the school continued as Staplecross Methodist Controlled Primary School. In 1988 an additional classroom was added to provide, currently used by our Reception ,Year 1 Class. An entrance hall, a Head's Office and secretarial office were added in 1993 and in 1996 a library/group room was added to the school. The building is situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty .