|Cottingham Croxby Primary School|
|Bricknell Avenue, HU5 4TN, UK Cottingham|
+44 (0)1482 846171
Wilkommen --- Bienvenus --- Croeso
Bienvenidos --- Benvenuti
Welcome to Cottingham Croxby Primary School.
Croxby is a large Primary School situated in the East Riding of Yorkshire, just outside Hull. It is a happy and popular school with a successful and talented staff.
Our website is used in many different ways: for accessing online content through our fantastic "Weblinks" page, to keeping you up to date with news and events, and also for new parents.
We would love your input and comments about our website. If you have any suggestions for any ways of improving or extending the site. Please email us with your ideas or fill in the enquiry/message form.
We are leaders in the field of ICT and are constantly pushing the envelope when it comes to new and effective ways of delivering the curriculum and enhancing children's lives.
Croxby Primary School Aims:
The school staff and Governors have adopted the following aims:
- To be child-centred and embrace all children in Learning.
- To set high expectations in all areas of school life and encourage all children to achieve to the best of their ability.
- To develop individuals intellectually, socially, emotionally, morally, spiritually and physically.
- To encourage high standards of discipline and behaviour through self-discipline, empathy and consideration for and respect towards others.
- To be an Inclusive School, ensuring all children have equal access to the curriculum and resources. To develop attitudes that are opposed to discrimination against any person or group on the grounds of socio-economic and home background, creed, ethnic origin, gender, disability and ability. To help children to understand the varied nature of our society, fostering respect for and tolerance of others.
- To establish a clear framework for the National Curriculum and Foundation Stage Curriculum, ensuring that sound planning leads to pupils&
- 39; progression, continuity, differentiation, conceptual development and the enhancement of children&
- 39;s skills and knowledge.
- To foster positive relationships between staff and parents and encourage mutual respect to create effective partnerships.
- To provide an education for children of all abilities that will develop individuals intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- To establish a clear framework for the National Curriculum to ensure that sound planning leads to pupils progression, continuity, differentiation, conceptual development and the enhancement of the childrens skills and knowledge.
- To encourage high standards of discipline and behaviour through the development of self-discipline, empathy, understanding, tolerance, consideration and respect towards others.
- To ensure that children with learning difficulties receive the appropriate provision at the earliest possible stage.
- To help pupils to understand the multicultural nature of society, to foster respect for those with different religions, beliefs and ways of life and to develop anattitude which is opposed to discrimination against any person or group on the grounds of socio-economic background, creed, ethnic origin or sex.
- To develop relationships between staff and parents and encourage the mutual understanding of relative roles.
This is our fantastic ICT Suite. We are so proud to provide such an amazing facility to all of our children and teachers. It is used every day, all day, and all week. We have the latest provision in software and hardware. The room is very spacious and purpose built to enable high quality learning.
Surround sound speakers
Wireless keyboards and mouse.
There are 25 computers for the children. All the computers are up to date and include flat screen monitors, optical mice, speakers and headphones.
All computers include high quality office chairs and stools, ergonomically designed to provide maximum comfort whilst working. The seating arrangements are ideal for both individual and paired work.
We have worked hard to provide the best and most practical ICT education to our children. The computer network is second-to-none. From high definition multimedia digital video content, to high quality educational activities. Every subject is covered with a variety of software enabling an enriched and fulfilling curriculum. All our software is the best in the business! We never settle for second best.
Croxby School is a leader in ICT and this is prominent as we demonstrate software and hardware to Headteachers, ICT Coordinators and Teachers from all over the country.
All the children go into the computer suite twice a week. Mr Green teaches ICT in the Computer Suite every day children. With the combined efforts of all the teaching staff, the subject matter tought in the classrooms is embraced fully through ICT.
The type of activities include:
Numeracy and Literacy educational games/activities
3D and 2D building/maps and plans
Word Processing and Desktop Publishing
Special Educational Needs provision
primary schools in Cottingham,
secondary schools in Cottingham,
schools in Cottingham