|Hornsea Burton Primary School|
|Hornsea Burton Road, HU18 1TG, UK Hornsea|
Welcome, I am delighted to introduce the school to you on this website.
We are proud of our new school, a brand new building which opened in September 2002. Everything is new, with the most up to date resources.
Our school aim is to have 'a special place to succeed together.' Everyone, staff, governors and parents are working hard to ensure it is a happy, welcoming, positive place to be. We set ourselves the highest expectations to establish a high quality learning experience.
We value our partnership with parents and encourage them to share in the life of the school as much as possible. We want all the children to develop to their full potential.
If you would like to find out more about us, visitors are very welcome. Please contact us for a mutually agreeable appointment. We look forward to meeting you.
The School aims to:
- provide a high quality of education ensuring that each child receives his/her curriculum entitlement.
- encourage children to achieve their potential in a safe, secure and caring environment.
- equip children with skills for lifelong learning to enable them to become independent learners with the skills and attitudes necessary to gain the most from the opportunities which life presents.
- promote pupils&
- 39; self esteem and emotional well being, to enable them to achieve high standards of behaviour and positive attitudes.
- build and maintain close community, parental and governor links, to help children become valuable members of a wider community.
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Hornsea Burton Primary School. We have produced this information to tell you as much about our school as possible. I hope you will find it useful. Please let us know if there is anything missing and please do ask if you have any further questions. You are always welcome in school and we will be happy to talk to you. Coming to school is a very special time in your child's life and we hope that he/she will be very happy with us and fulfil their potential.
Our school is new, the building was completed in August 2002 and we are very prooud of our new facilities and up to date resources. At present, we have three classes, one Key Stage One, the other two Key Stage Two. This will change as more pupils come to school.
Our school day starts at 8.45am. We encourage everyone to be punctual, however on the rare occasion that your child is late, please use the main entrance to ensure that your child is entered on the school register and booked for a dinner if necessary.
School meals are ordered at registration time. Your child will be asked whether they are staying for a hot meal, having a packed lunch or going home. If your child is eligible for free meals, they just need to tell the teacher they are staying for dinner. Money can be paid weekly in advance. (£1.50 per meal). If your child needs a special diet for medical reasons, please advise us in advance so this can be arranged. Please could you ensure that no glass bottles or thermos flasks are brought into school. We are a health promoting school and request that no sweets are brought into school or included in lunches. Fruit is available for purchase at breaktimes.
We insist on good behaviour throughout the lunchtime and if there are any problems we will contact you. If there is a persistent problem your child may have to go home for lunch. If you choose to go home for dinner please return after 1pm. The whistle will be blown on the playground at 1.15pm for the afternoon session.
School ends at 3.35pm and we insist that all children in Key Stage One are collected by a responsible person. In this pack you find details about our school uniform. All children require a change of shoes for indoors. Please label your child's clothes as this makes returning lost property a lot easier.
When your child first starts school you will be asked for information to complete our confidential school records. Part of this information will be about how to contact you, or who else to contact, if we can't reach you in case of emergencies. Please let us know of any changes to this information in the future. If your child suffers from asthma and needs to have one or more inhalers in school, please ensure that the class teacher knows as they will be kept in class, easily accessible at all times. We do not administer tablets or medicines to children in school and we ask you to ensure that children do not carry any medication.
We want your child's education to be a happy and a successful experience. We can only do this if we work together. If you have any concerns, however small we will be happy to help. Please do not hesitate to ask us.
We ask for your support in dressing your child in official school uniform or school colours.
Samples of school uniform are available for parents to look at.
Our colours are:
Burgundy - Sweatshirts (with school logo) or cardigans or jumpers
White - Polo shirts, socks
Grey - Skirts, trousers, pinafore dresses, socks and tights
P.E. - Plain white t-shirt and black shorts
In summer pupils may wear yellow dresses.
Sweatshirts, fleeces, book bags, P.E. bags and hats are available for purchase from school.
|Hornsea Burton Primary School will try to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the individual needs of all pupils appropriate for their stage and development.
- Achieve high standards of work and behaviour through building good relationships with parents and pupils.
- Care for your child&
- 39;s well being and safety.
- Let parents know as soon as possible about any concerns which may affect their child&
- 39;s work or behaviour.
- Contact parents if there is a problem with attendance, punctuality, equipment or school dress.
- Keep parents informed about general school matters and about your child&
- 39;s progress in particular.
- Be opening and welcoming at all times and offer opportunities for you to become involved in the daily life of the school.
The Parents/Guardian (Family) will try to:
- Make sure my child goes to school regularly, on time and properly equipped, and provide a note of explanation if my child is absent.
- Support the school&
- 39;s policies and guidelines for behaviour, anti bullying and multicultural education.
- Support my child with homework and other opportunities for home learning.
- Attend parent&
- 39;s evenings and discussion about my child&
- 39;s progress.
- Make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect my child&
- 39;s work or behaviour.
- Uphold the school uniform policy.
The pupil will try to:
- Attend school regularly and on time.
- Bring all the equipment I need every day.
- Wear the school uniform and be tidy in appearance.
- Do all my classwork and homework as well as I can.
- Be polite and helpful to others.
- Follow agreed classroom and school rules (from school behaviour policy).
Working together we will:
- Provide a high quality education which supports children and helps them achieve their best.
- Make our school a safe, secure and happy place in which to succeed.
- Equip children with a love of learning that goes beyond the classroom.
All parents are asked to sign the home/school agreement. Please feel free to print out a copy.
primary schools in Hornsea,
secondary schools in Hornsea,
schools in Hornsea