Aims and Key Purpose
Howden School and Technology College is committed to putting the pupil first. We want the school to be at the heart of the community and serving its needs. The agenda of the school is the pursuit of excellence and we strive to continue to raise expectations of every aspect of our performance.
Mr A. Williams (Headteacher)
Our key purpose is to work collaboratively with parents, pupils, our family of schools and the wider community, including local business, to provide quality education.
To achieve this we are committed to:
- raise standards of achievement in every aspect of pupil performance across the school, and particularly in Design and Technology, Mathematics, Science, and I.C.T.
- raise standards of teaching and learning across the school and in particular in Design and Technology, Mathematics, Science, and I.C.T.
- provide a challenging curriculum and extension opportunities to maximise the potential and meet the needs and interests of all pupils through the use of new and developing technologies.
- develop the scientific, technological, enterprising and vocational characteristics of Howden School, as a centre of excellence and lifelong learning, in partnership with the family of schools and the wider community.
- provide, in partnership with the wider community, young people with skills to progress to employment, further training or higher education according to their individual abilities, aptitudes, and ambitions.