The provision of high quality support for students is central to the achievement of the College's mission – raising the aspirations and achievements of those students who join us.
Student Services is located in a brand new purpose built Student Centre. It is essentially a 'one stop shop' for students and parents. There is a staffed reception desk for students and a range of staff performing administrative roles that directly support student achievement.
A major function of Student Services is the administration of financial assistance and awards, including Education Maintenance Allowance. Student Services Managers are located within Student Services to provide individual guidance for students and provide further support through working with external agencies, including Connexions advisers.
The Reception desk deals with a range of queries from students, staff and parents. These include issues concerning timetables, attendance records, College bus services and financial assistance.
Student Services also deal with:
- The administration of student applications, interviews and admissions
- Student references, particularly for Higher Education and employment
- The management of student examination results
- Support for Open Evenings and Consultation Evenings
- Administration of student transport
- Supporting the work of the personal tutor team
- The maintenance of student records
- Directing students to individual counselling where requested
Student Services is part of a broader student support function that includes additional learning support, library services, careers guidance (Connexions), and community activities. The breadth of the team and the varied nature of the role place an emphasis upon flexibility and the ability to work as part of a team to support all students with sensitivity and discretion.