This is a school with a friendly and caring atmosphere where teachers know the pupils well because of its family nature and size. Good attitudes, good behaviour and quality relationships contribute positively to pupils' attainment and the corporate ethos of the school. We believe that education is a partnership and we look for ways to work constructively with parents, Governors and the community to the benefit of the children.
Pleasant, spacious grounds, with sports pitches, school gardens, environmental study areas and hard surface playgrounds surround the building. A seating area between the playgrounds has been established as a ‘quiet’ area. There is a secure perimeter boundary fence and a separate fenced area for the use of the very youngest children.
To provide a caring community where individual needs are recognised and supported. We ensure that all children are given a wide range of experiences where every opportunity and encouragement are given to achieve success and reach the highest personal standards, in preparation for life in a fast changing world.
- To have high expectations of good behaviour, attitude and personal endeavour in all areas of the curriculum.
- To develop individuals with inquiring minds, self respect, self discipline and positive attitudes.
- To create an open, positive and supportive atmosphere where each individual, irrespective of race, age or gender, is a valued member of our school.
- To provide a challenging curriculum which is broad and balanced, appropriate to the needs of the child.
- To provide a curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, social and emotional development of pupils within school.
- To involve children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community as education is a team effort.