"EVERY DAY IS AN OPEN DAY AT GGSK COLLEGE"
Just call 0208 5599160 to see for yourselves!
THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
- To create a happy and caring school environment in which the children learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are valued qualities.
- To develop helpful learning attitudes, useful learning skills and with continuity and progression, to increase the child’s knowledge and understanding.
- To teach children to learn to read fluently and accurately, and to promote an enjoyment of reading and the written word.
- To teach the children to communicate effectively, both in spoken and written English, for a variety of purposes, with an appropriate emphasis on handwriting, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- To develop a knowledge and understanding of mathematical operations and the ability to apply these appropriately.
- To encourage scientific curiosity and to improve the children’s skills and knowledge in science and technology, and to further develop their use of information technology throughout the curriculum.
- To awaken an awareness of the world around us through historical, geographical and scientific studies.
- To teach skills in art, music and drama and to foster an appreciation and enjoyment of the creative arts.
- To develop the children’s abilities and enjoyment in physical activities including games, dance, gymnastics and swimming.
- To develop an awareness of all world religions and moral values.
- To promote equal opportunities for everyone regardless of gender, race or ability.
- To promote close liaison with parents and the local community.
- To provide full opportunities for complete personality development to serve the society of tomorrow.