Heybridge Primary School is a very busy school, working in partnership with children, parents, governors and staff, situated in a pleasant location near to the market town of Maldon, on the Blackwater Estuary in Essex. The main building is modern and spacious, set in attractive and quite extensive grounds. The school is especially proud of awards for achievement in Sport, Eco-Environmental and Healthy School Status. The children have organised a School Council and vote for their representatives each year.
There is always a lot going on, including a wide range of extra curricular activities, lively lessons that make effective use of the excellent levels of equipment and resources, and a generally caring and friendly ethos throughout the school in which “Every Child Matters.”
The school website aims to:
· celebrate our children's work by sharing it with all our visitors;
· celebrate our children's achievements;
· provide useful information about the life and work of our school;
· provide safe, stimulating learning opportunities for children, both at school and at home;
· provide teachers with a wealth of useful links and information, to aid with planning;
· share good practice.