King’s Wood is located on the northern rim of Havering. It enjoys the fresh air of the Essex countryside and boasts well maintained and extensive playing fields with local amenities such as parks, swimming pools and colleges close to hand.
The school promotes a well disciplined, caring atmosphere where values of equality, responsibility and independence are paramount.
- Every Student and child equally matters.
- Every young person should be equipped to become independent learners and make their own way in adult life to become a responsible, caring, citizens.
- Every person should value learning and understand the success it will bring.
- We should encourage mutual respect for different cultures, both in our school and the wider community.
- In developing healthy, active individuals within a safe, exciting and stimulating learning environment.
How Can We Achieve…
- By ensuring that staff are well qualified, highly trained and dedicated in playing an important role within your child’s education.
- By equipping all our staff with the relevant training, not only in their specialism but also in the delivery of pastoral work, care and support.
- By involving parents at every opportunity: a number of whom work at the school as teachers, support assistants and clerical staff. This ensures the best education in a secure and happy community.
School Facilities To Help Us Achieve…
- Extensive grounds and playing fields with a brand new Astro Turf hockey and Football pitch with flood lighting.
- Electronic Inter-active Whiteboards in every classroom.
- A state of the art computer suite with the latest software and over 150 computers for students to use.
- The newly founded Oracle Academy, which will offer students I.T Diplomas for business and Technology.
- Two Sports halls and two further assembly halls.
- A newly furnished fitness suite for the girl’s gym.
- A learning support department staffed by 20 teaching staff and support assistants.
- Student Council run by the students for the students
- “Friends of King’s Wood” Association.
- Purpose built music suite that includes recording facilities.
- Five Technology Specialist rooms that include textiles, design, manufacturing, Industrial Technology and Graphics. A new Food Technology Suite is also in the pipe line, as part of the technology bid with the schools specialist trust.
- Suites of rooms for Core and Foundation subjects.
- A friendly and well stocked school library, with staff on hand to help with fact finding exercises.
- Two dedicated drama studios.
- A Healthy Eating canteen in both buildings that offer healthy foods at break and lunch.
- A free breakfast club that starts at 7.15am everyday for students who arrive at school early. They are given a healthy breakfast to set them up for an excellent day of learning.
- A beautiful garden called the “Quad” for students to enjoy as a privilege. Our garden won “Best Community Garden” in the “Havering in bloom Contest 2006”.