|Pear Tree Mead Primary & Nursery School|
|Pear Tree Mead, CM18 7BY, UK Harlow|
+44 (0)1279 836181
|Welcome To Pear Tree Mead Primary And Nursery School|
|Pear Tree Mead is a community school, taking children from 3 - 11 years. Most children begin the nursery class part time from 3 years old. All the spring and summer term intakes start together as an early year's class in January. The school was built in 1959 to serve the growing needs of Harlow new town. Many families originally came from London but have now been well established in the town now for two or three generations. The school has positive links with the local community, business links, an informed governing body who play a positive role in the management of the school and supportive parents. In return the school works closely with parents providing them with quality information about their children's progress and how they can help. Parents are well represented on the governing body who understand the school's needs well and are highly supportive.
||Although an established primary school there were originally two separate infant and junior schools. Consequently the school is in two buildings close together and has plenty of additional office, amenity and teaching spaces. Governors made the development of ICT a priority with an ICT suite equipped with new RM systems, interactive boards in four of the classes with another one planned for a communal area, scanner, digital camera and multimedia projector. All computers are networked and connected to the internet. The school has many plans to develop both inside and outside environments over the next few years. |
|The first building houses the nursery; reception classes and most of key stage one. There is a large nursery unit with its own kitchen, large practical and quiet areas, a pleasant outdoor play area and a disabled toilet and shower room. We recently developed the early year's unit to provide additional hard surface area and canopied facilities. A link was made between the two reception classes to allow these two classes to work together. There is an ICT suite, a pleasant hall, a group room, an office shared by the SENCo and deputy and the site manager's office. There are four classrooms each with refurbished cloakrooms and toilets, one with a disabled toilet and ramp.
||The second building accommodates children from year 2 to year 6. There is a large hall and seven classrooms, three of which are upstairs. All the classrooms have their own cloakrooms and toilets. There is a newly built disabled toilet which is directly accessible from the hall. This building also houses the secretary's office, reception, head teacher's office, group teaching area, library, school meals kitchen, resource room and a large staff room. |
There are extensive and pleasant grounds with a wildlife area, a pond, shaded picnic area, large playing fields and three playgrounds, recently updated with fantastic play equipment. The parent's association funded an all weather surface for one of our adventure playgrounds. We also have our own indoor, heated swimming pool.
|We work closely with other schools, both secondary and primary and are part of an excellence in the cities initiative. We have a committed team of parents who form our Friends of Pear Tree Mead Association and hold many fund-raising events. We also run an adult helper scheme.
If you would like to arrange a visit to look around the school please contact the school office on 01279 836181.
For full details of our school please click on the link at the bottom of the page to see our prospectus.
||SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT|
Pear Tree Mead
Happy, Safe & Learning
* grow in confidence and independence in a positive, happy, safe and creative environment.
* be active learners engaged in broad, creative, exciting experiences using up to date facilities and technologies.
* be enthusiastic learners who reach their full potential, work collaboratively, celebrate personal achievements and understand that it is 'cool to be clever' and it is 'o.k. to take risks'. We learn from our mistakes.
We promote inclusion of the whole community into the life of Pear Tree Mead
Pear Tree Mead will be a place where:
* pupils are supported educationally, socially, spiritually and emotionally for life. We are concerned for the whole child.
* parents/carers are actively involved in their children's school life and where their own developments are valued.
* we value the enrichment that families bring to our school
PUPILS SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Pear Tree Mead
Happy, Safe & Learning
We want to be :
* Confident, independent, happy and safe with a colourful school.
* Proud of our work if we have done our best and been successful.
* Always trying new things and not be upset if it does not turn out right.
* Helpful and help others if they need it.
We want our school to be:
* Fun and exciting with lots of technology and games.
* A together school.
* Help us and give us the education we need.
* Should be included with what we are doing.
* Should tell us how they feel about their day.
From the children of Pear Tree Mead.
primary schools in Harlow,
secondary schools in Harlow,
schools in Harlow