Purford Green Infant school opened in 1956 as a neighbourhood school in the Brays Grove catchment area. The building is clean, bright and attractive with lots of space.
There are six large classrooms with cloakrooms and toilets. One has been converted into a computer suite, but each classroom has its own computers, printers and Internet access.
The school has an attractive assembly hall equipped for PE and music. We also have our own medical room.
There is a happy and friendly atmosphere which is evident throughout the school. The grounds of the school are attractively planted with trees, shrubs, rose bushes etc. and we have a small teaching area for science including herb gardens, a wild area, insect attracting shrubs and a bog garden.
We instil a sense of pride in our children and encourage them to look after all the lovely things around them, making this a happy, caring school.