At Sunnymede Infant School we have.....
a safe, secure school where adults and children feel happy, valued and respected.
a school where everybody works hard together to achieve the best.
a reflective school where there is openness, honesty and a desire to improve.
The History of our school
Sunnymede Primary School was opened on 4th September 1958 with only 20 children on the roll. Since that time, the school has grown considerably and in the mid 1960’s it was split into separate infant and junior schools. At present Sunnymede Infant School has 6 classes in operation. This can vary year on year according to the number of eligible pupils.
The school uniform was originally grey, with blue ties and maroon blazers. However, with effect from September 2001, the new up-dated uniform came into effect. This is royal blue, pale blue and black. Items purchased through the school shop are embroidered with the school badge, which was designed by the first Headteacher, Mr Tom Williams. The badge illustrates the history of the Billericay area.
· The eagle reminds us of the Roman remains found in Norsey Wood and on the site of The Billericay School.
· The scythe and the sword represent the Peasants’ Revolt and the subsequent battle in Norsey Wood circa 1340 .
· The chevron and crosses remind us of the Chantry that used to be in Billericay before there was a church.
Sunnymede Infants Today...
We are a small, friendly infant school who share a site with Sunnymede Junior School. The schools strive to work together in partnership to ensure a smooth transition for all pupils moving from Key Stage 1 to Key Stage 2.
Our infant school currently has 6 classes, each named after woodland creatures, due to the close proximity of Norsey Woods.