As Headteacher of The Appleton School, I would like to introduce you to what I believe is an exceptional School. The Appleton School has an excellent reputation at both local and national level, achieving education of the highest quality with outstanding examination results.
During the last few years, the school has achieved numerous National Awards, including achieving Business and Enterprise College status, becoming a National Pathfinder School for Enterprise, Sportsmark, Artsmark Silver, Investor in People Status and Recognition of Quality Award, to name but a few.
We are exceptionally proud of our students, all of which are entered for public examinations at the age of 16. We expect only the best from our students and naturally that involves hard work and consistent application to study.
- A full, balanced and varied education for students of all abilities giving them the confidence to attain examination success above the national average.
- A committed and dedicated team of staff providing quality education through co-operation with students.
- An academic curriculum which includes:
- A range of science courses for all
- English and English Literature for all
- Mathematics for all
- A wide range of business and ICT courses for all
- A vibrant PE and Dance programme for all
- Extensive opportunities in Music
- The opportunity to experience a Foreign Language
- Technology courses which include Graphics, Systems and Controls, Food Technology, Textiles Technology and Resistant Materials
- An Arts experience which includes Fine Art, Design, Ceramics and Photography.
- A wide range of extra-curricular clubs running every week caters for the needs of all students.
As a Business and Enterprise College, we expect a professional approach to learning based on a sense or responsibility, participation and understanding the needs of others.
This prospectus provides an introduction to an exceptional school. if you would like to view the school whilst at work, then please do not hesitate to contact me.
Karen Kerridge, MA, BA (Hons)Head Teacher