Please click on sports news to access information about matches, teams, training or any other sport information:
A list of sporting activities will be uploaded in the Autumn term, this will include the clubs:
Wickford Junior has a full sporting curriculum via lessons and clubs, the children have the opportunity to participate in many activities which are mixed gender.
- Girls & boys football teams represent the school in years 5 & 6, West Ham football is only for clubs and split into lower & upper school.
- Netball is for years 5 & 6 girls only, year 4 is invited to join in Spring. The teams compete in 2 major rallies and at least 5 matches per term.
- Swimming is represented at the Gala held at Basildon swimming pool and the team is selected on ability in years 5 & 6. Lessons are weekly for all pupils (unless there is a medical reason)
- Athletics is part of the curriculum and children are chosen to represent the school at District Sports. Before this they have to go for trials and this term it was at Beauchamps High School.
- Cricket & Rugby (non-contact) has been introduced into the curriculum.
Gymnastic/Dance, Invasion Games, Net/Wall Games, Striking & Fielding Games. In year 6 on the Isle of Wight they participate in Outdoor adventure activities.
SCHOOL PE CODE
Indoors: Black shorts, white t-shirt/polo shirt *
Outdoors: Black shorts, white t-shirt/polo shirt, training shoes.
In cold weather children may wear track suits at the discretion of the class teacher.
*Available from the school office
A named bag, which will remain on a coat peg, is essential for holding PE
clothing. It should remain in school for daily use and be taken home during the holidays.
All clothing should be clearly marked with the child’s name -
Please check your children's clothing as our lost property box most of the time is overflowing.
It has been noticed that names are missing from clothing or have just worn away,
please check carefully and ask your child to check lost property
if they lose anything as this is where it will be put.