WELCOME TO OUR SCHOOL!
Lenham Primary School is a good and active school. In May 2006 we had a very successful Ofsted inspection.
Ofsted found that this is a good school with outstanding features. We value and include all children into the life of the school so that all learners achieve as well as they can. Ofsted noted the following particular successes:
- We offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities
- Children do well and standards by Year 6 are well above average
- Maths achievement in the National Tests at Key Stage 2 in 2005 was exceptionally high
- There is exemplary commitment of all staff to meeting the needs of children
- ‘Enjoy and achieve’ is central to the school’s work
- Children get off to “flying start” in Reception
- The capacity to improve is strong as all staff are keen and enthusiastic
- Governors play a strong and active role in its development.
Amongst other achievements during the school year 2005-2006:
- We provided interactive whiteboards in all classes
- The PTA provided a beautiful quiet play area and friendship bench
- We extended the outdoor play surface for Rainbow Class & Year 1.
- Lenham Primary was chosen as a county winner in the FA Charter Standards Development School Awards
- We hosted our 9th annual 5-a-side football tournament
- The Debussy Recorder group took part in the Maidstone Recorder Festival
- Years 1 and 2 performed at the Maidstone Spring Singalong
- We completed the installation of multi-functional Kick Walls on playground
A striking feature of this school is that not only is it recognised by Ofsted as a good school with outstanding features but that “The school’s capacity to improve is strong as all staff are keen and enthusiastic…”
The most recent KS2 SATs results (2006) show that children make exceptionally good progress at this school. The school’s “Value Added” figure is 102.2 which shows that we are in the top 5% of schools nationally for the progress made.
Governors, staff, pupils and parents are very proud of the school’s achievements.
Children enjoy coming to school and are enthusiastic about learning. One commented to the Ofsted inspector “it’s good to learn” and another said “I wish I could come on Saturdays and Sundays.”
We hope that by visiting this site you will learn more about our school. We particularly hope that families and future families will enjoy the exhibitions and the individual class pages. We love to show visitors around our school. If you would like to see us working please telephone the school office and arrange an appointment.