Lessness Heath Primary School
We want to work side-by-side with parents in order to achieve our aims, which are:
• To ensure that all children reach the highest standards possible – academically, socially and physically.
• To develop children’s critical and questioning abilities, so that they become adults who can question the persuasiveness of others and think for themselves.
In order to achieve these aims, we will:
• prioritise the basic skills of reading, writing and number within a varied and stimulating
• help children develop thinking skills through speaking and listening activities across the curriculum.
• celebrate and extend children’s strengths, skills and abilities.
• model and insist on socially acceptable behaviour, both in and out of school.
• extend children’s appreciation of and participation in the arts.
• encourage and extend children’s sporting and athletic abilities.
• provide a safe, attractive and stimulating environment in which all our children can thrive.
• encourage the moral and personal development of our children and raise their awareness of the diverse society of which they are a part so that they will value the differences of others.
• care for and nurture our children to enable them to become happy, healthy and well-adjusted young people.
• ensure that in all aspects of school life children have equality of opportunity regardless of gender, race, class, disabilities, special educational needs or home background.