At Mersham Primary School our aim is to establish a happy supportive working environment in which children are encouraged to:
* produce work of the highest quality, taking into account individual age, ability, and
* reach their full potential in all aspects of the school’s curriculum and, in particular, in
acquiring knowledge, effective communication skills, and understanding in literacy and
* .to help and support each other socially and academically and to show a sensitive
awareness of individual differences.
* develop a sense of moral responsibility, of self-discipline, and to adopt acceptable
standards of behaviour.
* to take full advantage of the opportunities provided to investigate their immediate
* realise their place as members of a school, a local community, and beyond that, of
* take responsibility for their own learning at the earliest opportunity and develop a desire
to continue to expand their knowledge and skills throughout their lives.
As staff we need to:
* provide a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum.
* work together as a team supporting each other and sharing expertise, skills and
* value the contribution made by parents to the education of their children.
* foster good relationships with the local community, local businesses and the wider
* establish a well-organised, professional working environment.
* ensure that we fulfil statutory and LEA requirements.