The aim at St Columba's Catholic Boys' School is to provide a Christian community in which each boy will be:
· Encouraged to be witness to the Gospel values in every aspect of school life and be fostered on his faith journey in life and in his worship of Christ;
· Able to develop his own character and potential through self-discipline and an awareness of his own value;
· Given every opportunity to develop academically, vocationally and socially, using the strong links forged between home, parish and the school;
· Made aware of the needs of others for tolerance and sensitivity towards every individual regardless of race, creed, sex or social origins;
· Prepared for public examinations at levels appropriate to his age and ability, within a balanced curriculum updated to accommodate changing attitudes both in society and school;
· Shown the importance of a range of experience, such as sport, music and drama, in links with industry through work experience, and understand the need to help others through charitable works both in and out of school.