In accordance with the Christian traditions and values, the school provides a happy and harmonious atmosphere - one in which pupils are encouraged to become responsible and caring members of the community.
The school works in close partnership with the Parish Church of St Thomas' through services, clergy visits and assemblies as well as the wider community.
We teach a balanced and differentiated curriculum developed to achieve the wide aims of the school guided by the National Curriculum.
1. To create in pupils a sense of personal excellence.
2. To help children learn that courtesy, good manners and consideration of others are important.
3. To aspire for excellence in every area of the life of our school following the values and teaching of the Christian faith and to enable children to fulfill their potential..
4. To maintain and develop in pupils, lively and enquiring minds and to promote the ability to question and reason rationally.
5. To foster attitudes which will instil self-confidence in pupils and help them to acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life and work in a fast-changing world.
6. To encourage the pupils to be independent learners and also develop the ability to work as a team.
7. To help the children to develop their own personal, spiritual and moral values as well as understanding other religions and beliefs.
8. To help pupils understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
9. To develop in pupils the ability to appreciate critically all human achievements and aspirations.
10. To prepare the pupils to meet the challenges and demands of primary and secondary school life.
11. To value the parent's role in active partnership with the school.
12. To give pupils equal access to all areas of the curriculum without differentiation between colour, creed, gender or ability and to encourage all pupils to develop their full potential.