Durris Primary School is situated in the parish of the same name in Lower Deeside. The school itself is in the hamlet of Woodlands of Durris some seven miles Southeast of Banchory and twelve miles from the city of Aberdeen. The school catchment area lies between the River Dee in the north and Durris Forest and Fetteresso Forest in the south. It passes westwards through Northbrae Plantation, Mulloch and over Garrol Hill while the boundary on the east is by way of Craiglug, Corsehill and Trees.
Durris School was established on 1st January, 2000 following the amalgamation of Crossroads Primary School and Woodlands Primary School. Durris School is housed in the original Woodlands School building, which was built in 1876 and extended in 1977. Our latest extension in 2006 comprises office, reception area and
disabled toilet. Accommodation provides a large attractive open plan infant classroom and General Purposes room in the old building and two further classrooms in the extension.
There are three classes in school, the early stages taught by Mrs Duthie, middle stages by
Mrs Leslie and the older pupils by the Mrs Reilly and Mrs Fraser. We are delighted to have Crossroads Nursery as part of Durris School. The Nursery is situated two and a half miles from school on the Slug Road. This session there are 64 pupils at Durris Primary and 30 children in Crossroads Nursery.