The aims of Auchterless School are as follows.
Auchterless School aims to provide a happy, caring, secure and stimulating environment. This will afford each child the opportunity to develop according to his / her age, aptitude and ability.
Auchterless School Aims to:
Home – School Communication
- Acquire and develop knowledge, skills and understanding in language, numeracy and mathematical thinking.
- Develop a sense of curiosity and independent thinking through problem-solving, information handling and reasoning.
- Develop creativeness using a variety of media to express feelings and ideas.
- Develop self-respect and a caring and responsible attitude towards others, both in school and in the wider environment.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of religion, its role in shaping society, and to develop a sense of moral values.
- Understand the relevance and importance of a healthy lifestyle.
Auchterless School aims to:
- Communicate regularly with parents by means of letters, school / social events, induction meetings, School Board and the PTA.
- Report each child’s progress through written reports, parent interviews and visits to school as and when requested by either party.
- Promote the development of positive parent / teacher relationships
- Involve parents where possible in activities both in and outwith school.