Welcome to Balgownie School!
Balgownie Primary School is a small friendly school with an excellent reputation among parents and educationalists alike. It lies close to the river and the famous Brig o' Balgownie Parents on which our school logo is based.
School Aims and Ethos
The school is fortunate to have a well maintained building with a school hall/gym, a music room, an audio visual room, and our own dining room next to the school kitchens. We have a separate library/computer room.
There are two spacious open plan teaching areas for infants and seniors, each divided into individual class areas. Balgownie Primary School opened a new nursery in 1999 which includes places for snack, wet play, quiet learning and outside play.
- Ethos:- To have a friendly, caring and secure atmosphere in the school.
- Learning and Teaching:- To encourage all children to achieve their full potential and to develop in each child an enthusiasm for learning.
- Personal and Social Development:- To help each child become secure, caring and responsible member of the community.
- Care for the Environment:- To develop in children an awareness of, and a responsibility towards, the world around them.
- The School and its Community:- To work in partnership with parents and the local community.
- Professionalism:- To work as an efficient team to provide a high quality educational experience.
- Resources and Accommodation:- To make the best possible use of available resources in surroundings that are healthy, safe and attractive.