Welcome to the Foveran Primary School website
If anyone has any good photographs/images of the school for this web site could they please contact Pete Atkin.
We would be especially interested in any old photos of the school which we will add to our gallery.
The main purpose of any website is for communication. Having a school website enables us to:
· provide information for existing pupils and parents
· promote our school to prospective pupils and parents
· showcase examples of pupils’ work using text, pictures, sound, video clips to involve parents and carers in their children’s learning
· share resources for learning and teaching both within the school and with colleagues and pupils anywhere
· provide two way communication with the whole school community.
Learning how to make a website is also an exciting experience for children and is a skill which many will require in the future.
Contents of the school website
Views of all stakeholders - pupils, parents and staff - will be sought by questionnaire and/or discussion when planning the content of the website. A web team, which will include representatives of the above groups, will plan content, produce, edit and maintain the site.
It is the duty of the school to ensure that every child in our care is safe and the same principles apply to websites as to school buildings. No individual child can be identified or contacted by visitors to the school website.
images (photographs and video): Photographs of individual children will not be included. Group photographs of children will only be used for educational purposes and names will not be included. Parent/guardian and pupil permissions for their images to be included on the website will be obtained before filming or photographing takes place. The filenames will not include pupils’ names. Staff photos will only be included with their permission. The Data Protection Act 1988 does not apply to photographs taken for personal use, such as those taken by parents or grandparents at a school play or sports day. However, photographs taken for official school use, which are likely to be stored electronically, may be covered by the act. As such, pupils and staff should be advised why they are being taken.
text and sound files: Pupils’ writing and speaking will not include pupils’ names or other personal information (e.g. membership of clubs) that may identify them. Files by children will be checked by staff before publication to ensure they do not include personal information, libellous statements or that they infringe copyright. The filenames will not include pupils’ names.
email: Personal email addresses of staff and pupils will not be published. Class or school addresses which are appropriately filtered (e.g. RM EasyMail) may be used.
- Details about the school uniform
- School holiday dates
- School lunch menu
- School closures hotline link and information
- Easy to understand summaries of school aims and policy statements e.g.: anti-bullying, behaviour, homework
- What the children are studying each term
- Web link suggestions to assist with topic work and homework
- The text books which are used
- The range of out of school activities offered
- Definitions/examples of 5-14 levels
- Minutes of School Board/ PTA meetings
- A direct link to Aberdeenshire Council website, Parentzone/LTS, etc.
- Support provided for pupils with ASN/dyslexia
- Links with local community
- Map (watch copyright)
- Composite classes and what they mean (if appropriate)
- An option for parents to submit their views
- School development plan and school progress report
- The most recent HMI report (or link to HMIe website)
Foveran School is a small school to the north of Aberdeen, Scotland. We have three teaching staff...
- English Language
- Modern European Language (French)
- Environmental Studies including ICT
- Religious and Moral Education
- Expressive Arts
- Personal and Social Education
We have two well appointed classrooms, a general purpose room and a village hall and playing field. The school has a small playground with play and sports equipment. In addition we have a staffroom, headteacher's office, secretary's office, kitchen, stores and resource areas.
The school and P1-4 libraries are well stocked and ICT is well catered for in both classrooms, allowing our pupils to experience PC computers, the internet, e-mail and soon- video-conferencing.
Other staff include a classroom special needs auxiliary, school secretary, lunchtime assistant, visiting specialist teachers of art/design, learning support, drama, physical education and music.