Holy Family School began in 1959 after the closure of St Mary’s Primary School in Summer Street. The school was then situated in West Cairncry Road with an annexe in Rowan Road for P1-P3 pupils. The annexe was later closed and all the pupils were housed in West Cairncry Road in the main building and in hutted accommodation.
In 1986, the school transferred to the current building in Summerhill Terrace. The school is built in traditional style, accommodating seven individual classrooms, from Primary 1 to Primary 7. In addition, we have a pupil support base which houses a maximum of seven children, a learning support area, a well-stocked library and a multi-purpose gym hall which doubles up as the dining area.
We have close links with our neighbouring primary schools and the secondary school in our Associated School Group.