Logie Coldstone School is on the A97 which runs between Deeside and Donside. It is situated near Morven and is 3.5 miles from Tarland and 7 miles west of Aboyne.
Aims of Logie Coldstone School
It is a beautiful Scandinavian designed building. There are two teaching rooms, both opening into a multi-purpose area which is ideal for P.E., Drama and the serving of lunches. The building is well equipped with attractive furniture and curriculum requirements.
At Logie Coldstone School we aim to provide a happy, safe and secure environment in which pupils can grow with confidence, respect and caring. We aim to have a welcoming school which is part of and open to the wider community.
- We aim to provide and deliver a broad, balanced curriculum ensuring integration, continuity and progression, enabling the child to acquire knowledge and skills appropriate to his/her age, ability and aptitude.
- We aim to continually develop the curriculum in line with the National 5-14 Curriculum Guidelines.
We aim to use appropriate teaching, assessment, monitoring and recording methods in order to maximise pupils’ levels of attainment and help them achieve their full potential.
Learning and Teaching:
Support for pupils:
- We aim to provide a learning environment which stimulates and motivates pupils in order to encourage active involvement and independent thinking.
- Teachers will plan effective programmes, taking into account the different aptitudes and abilities of pupils.
- These will incorporate assessment procedures which will monitor pupils’ progression and identify future needs.
- Parents and pupils will be informed of progress.
- We aim to give careful consideration to the personal and social development of the child.
- We aim to help pupils to develop their self awareness and self-confidence, develop a loving and caring attitude to the needs of others and the environment and to learn strategies for personal safety.
- We aim to maximise opportunities for all pupils, regardless of physical, emotional or social disabilities.
- We aim to encourage a sense of identity and pride in the school and to promote an ethos of achievement through high expectations and high of praise.
- We will encourage pupils to be courteous and well mannered with the expectation of high standards of behaviour and discipline.
- Pupils will be involved in decision-making about the life and work of the school, thus encouraging an atmosphere of equality and fairness.
- We aim to foster a partnership approach by maintaining good communication with parents through the exchange of ideas and information.
- Parents will be encouraged to become involved in school events and take active part in school-parents groups.
We aim to manage financial budgets efficiently in order to maximise the potential of staff, facilities and equipment.
Management, Leadership and Quality Control:
- We aim to produce and implement a Development Plan and processes for self-evaluation and monitoring in order to ensure the effectiveness of staff.
- We aim to develop professionalism and job satisfaction through ensuring a team approach, through promoting self-improvement, through a Continuous Professional Development programme, in-service training and staff meetings.