Achievement and Attainment
Framework for Learning
- To help children achieve as much as possible during their time at Lumsden. We have an ethos of high expectations and celebration of success. Teachers will work with pupils, parents and the Head Teacher to share Learning Intentions and monitor progress through regular assessment
- The Head Teacher will work closely with staff to track attainment and ensure there is continuity and progression
Inclusion and Equality
- To provide a rich, stimulating environment, which motivates pupils to enjoy their learning. Teachers will plan effectively to provide stimulating learning activities and experiences for all pupils. Differentiation will be clearly indicated to ensure that all abilities are provided with appropriate experiences.
- To provide a secure, attractive environment for staff and pupils. All will be asked to take responsibility for maintaining our resources by treating them with due care and respect. Teaching and Leaning resources and policies will be reviewed regularly to ensure that they are suitable for delivery of the curriculum.
Values and Citizenship
- To provide a caring, supportive environment in which all feel valued and appreciated. All children will be provided with opportunities to succeed regardless of physical, social or emotional disabilities. Outside agencies will be used as appropriate to ensure that pupils are given the best support available.
- To work with parents, pupils and outside agencies to provide a cohesive support plan for any pupils with Additional Support Needs
Learning for Life
- To prepare pupils for responsible citizenship by developing a Programme of Education for Citizenship
- To create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all who are involved in our school life. Good manners and courteous behaviour will be encouraged. Respect for all and a positive behaviour policy will be maintained.
- The Head Teacher will operate a collegiate style of management and pupils will be involved in decision making through the pupil Council
- To extend links into the Local Community and develop children’s life skills through the Enterprise in Education Programme
Friends of Lumsden School
- To extend links into the Local Community through the Enterprise in Education Programme
- To equip pupils with foundation skills, attitudes and expectations necessary to prosper in a changing society and to encourage creativity and ambition
We recently changed the PTA to ‘Friends of Lumsden School’ to involve the wider community, grandparents, ex-parents and pupils etc. We would like as many of you as possible to come to meetings, that way the work is shared out fairly.